Limits of Liability
Gloesafestway Logistics Courier Services’ liability for loss or damage
- NO DECLARED VALUE on our official waybill, Gloesafestway Logistics’s liability shall be limited to the refund of shipping fee
- WITH DECLARED VALUE not more than Php500 plus shipping fee will be refunded
- Higher declared value can be arranged at an extra cost of 1% of declared value that sender will pay
Gloesafestway Logistics shall not be liable for other damages such as consequential, nominate, moral and exemplary damages and the like.
Gloesafestway Logistics shall not be liable for lost, damaged, delayed shipment due to acts of God or force majeure.
In case of claims for loss or damage to shipment, claim must be made with the main hub of Gloesafestway Logistics in San Juan, within twenty-four hours (24) from receipt/acceptance of shipment. All other claims must be made within seven (7) days from receipt/acceptance of shipment, otherwise, such claims and/or complaints shall be deemed waived.
Venue of all legal actions shall be in the proper courts of San Juan City only, to the exclusion of all other courts.
Sender unconditionally warrants, that:
- The Shipment does not contain:
- Jewelry and/or precious stones/metals, cash and currencies of any kind
- Valuable documents such as, but not limited to passport, visas, land titles, licenses, receipts and the like
- Prohibited items such as, but not limited to perishable items, pirated items, drugs, guns, ammunitions, explosives, flammable items, hazardous chemicals
In case of violation of this warranty, Sender holds Gloesafestway Logistics free and harmless from any liability arising and/or in connection with the same, and shall cooperate with Gloesafestway Logistics in defending itself should any claim be brought against it in connection herewith, without prejudice to the liability of Sender to reimburse Gloesafestway Logistics for all expenses incurred in making such defense, including but not limited to costs of law suit and attorney’s fees, without further prejudice to other remedies available to Gloesafestway Logistics against Sender under law and equity.
- Gloesafestway Logistics is authorized by Sender to, at its option, before acceptance of the shipment or even during the time that the package is in the custody of Gloesafestway Logistics, to open or inspect the package, in the presence of the shipper, consignee, their respective representatives, or government officials.
- The package is sealed in Sender’s presence and that the contents are intact.
- The shipment is packaged sufficiently to prevent damage that would arise in the normal handling of shipment. Any glass, fragile items or electronic equipment must be identified as such and be professionally packaged or crated for shipment; otherwise, any claim for damage or loss against such shipment shall be denied or unavailing.
- The shipment is properly described on the waybill as to its proper contents and/or value.
- All information provided is true, correct and complete. Should address and/or Name of Recipient/Sender be incorrect, Sender shall be liable and shall pay for the re-forwarding, return and/or other charges as a consequence of said misrepresentation.
- Sender agrees that Gloesafestway Logistics shall have a lien on any and all goods shipped for the payment of unpaid freight charges, custom duties and/or other fees and/or advances or charges for the delivery of the shipment.
- All applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to the procurement of necessary permit/s and/or licenses from appropriate offices/agencies have been complied with by Sender in connection with this and/or the contents of the shipment.
- Within the day for delivery, Recipient or any person residing or found in the given address of sufficient discretion and age is present to receive the shipment and sign Gloesafestway Logistics’s waybill.
- Sender has the sole obligation to verify the status of delivery of the shipment within seven (7) days from date of acceptance thereof by Gloesafestway Logistics.
- Should there be a refusal to accept by Recipient of the shipment or in any case, non-delivery of the shipment, the Sender must, within thirty (30) days from acceptance thereof by Gloesafestway Logistics, claim the said shipment. Otherwise, Gloesafestway Logistics shall be authorized to dispose of the shipment in a manner it sees fit or to charge cost of storage to Sender or claimant.
- Sender shall hold Gloesafestway Logistics free and harmless from any liability due to the delay in delivery due to absence of recipient or any person of sufficient discretion in the address provided by Sender who will receive the shipment.
- Sender has completely read and understood the terms of this contract and voluntarily acts the terms and conditions thereof, upon affixing of signature of Sender or Sender’s authorized representative in this Waybill.